Leading supplier of affordable, turn-key facility solutions
Marand holds an unrivalled capacity to deliver high-quality, large scale turn-key facilities and offers complete end-to-end service, from consulting, feasibility and business case development, to design, testing and workforce training.
As a trusted partner to Boeing, Ford, Holden, Toyota, CNHTC and more recently Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton, Marand has successfully designed and implemented Australia’s largest turn-key facility solutions. Our blue chip client base spans the aerospace, defence, automotive, mining and rail industries where safety, quality, reliability and throughput are paramount to success.
Marand facilities balance ergonomic manual solutions and fully automated lights out manufacturing and processing to deliver high-quality, efficient and affordable solutions tailored specifically to client needs.
Our automation experience includes small and large scale welding, handling and assembly operation projects. Equipped with in-house capability in robotics, conveyors, manipulators and automated guided vehicles (AGV), expertise in jig and fixture design, and experience with exotic materials Marand is a low-risk choice for discerning clients.
All equipment is designed and manufactured from our state-of-the-art headquarters in Victoria, Australia, and serviced by a mature, audited global supply chain 40 years in the making. These factors give Marand unrivalled capacity to deliver product solutions that are fit for purpose and stand the test of time, every time.
Our capacity to deliver large scale projects in-house surpasses any other Australian automation company, demonstrated by our recent successful bid for a project requiring in excess of 41,000 engineering hours just in the feasibility stage. In addition, Marand has designed and is currently building the world’s most advanced rail maintenance workshops for two of the largest international iron ore mining companies.
Our capabilities include:
Consulting, feasibility, engineering and design:
- Project management
- Specification definition and writing
- Process and product engineering including simulation
- Layout specification and design (Robotics, transfer systems, conveyors, automated guided vehicles - AGV)
- Electrical engineering, design and programming
- Mechanical engineering, design and detailing
Manufacture, assemble, test and trial:
- Fabrication (Up to 70 Tonnes , < 5,000sqm)
- Machining (3,4 7 5 Axis up to 12m length)
- Mechanical assembly (< 10,000sqm Assembly space)
- Nata metrology QA laboratory (1,000sqm, Laser trackers, Large CMM)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic assembly (< 10,000sqm Assembly space)
- Electrical control assembly and wiring (< 1,000sqm Electrical build)
- Factory acceptance testing (< 10,000sqm)
Installation, commission and test:
- Complete installation service
- Portable dedicated site workshops
- Laser trackers
Through life support and servicing:
- Dedicated and professional service team
- Scheduled servicing
- Long term service agreements
- Dedicated service vehicles