Multi-disciplinary Engineering Design and Project Management
An experienced design team consisting of mechanical, electronics and software engineers, backed up by highly trained production staff, enables us to provide customers with a complete solution from concept to finished product. Marand is a flexible, innovative, cost effective solutions provider offering:
Engineering design solutions
- Design services incorporating CAD/CAM technologies utilising the following systems:
- Pro Engineer
- Project Management
- Systems Integration
- Feasibility studies and Advanced research and development
- Prototyping, Off tool samples, and testing
- Engineering consultation - on site and in-house
- Production system procurement advice
- Specification writing, Product and process development
- Simultaneous engineering
- Process control for assessing manufacturing capability, stability and expected tool life
- Standard machine tool, robotics, equipment supply and system integration
- Project management, installation, commissioning and training
- Assembly, PLC/CNC, robot programming and testing
Premier Manufacturing Workshop Facilities
Marand’s world class manufacturing workshop specialises in delivering:
Large and Complex Fabrications
- MIG weldng
- TIG welding
- Mild Steels
- Invar (Ni36)
- High Strength Armour plating
- All critical welds are certified by a third party and reported in our quality system
World class Machining Facilities
Our range of milling machines is extensive. Our latest acquisition is a 5 Axis Breton Flymill with a capacity of 6 metres x 3.5 metres and a height of 2 metres under the bridge. This machine compliments our other 5 and 3 Axis machines. These machines are serviced by cranes with a total lifting capacity of 30 ton.
MARAND has three separate assembly areas. Assembly of jigs, fixtures and aerospace tooling is carried out in our tool room, Building and reconditioning of large machine tools such as our Under Floor Wheel Lathe and Hydraulic Presses is performed in our main bay with 30 Ton capacity overhead crane.
MARAND’s qualified A grade electricians manufacture, install and commission all the equipment manufactured to the customers specifications. From the build of the electrical cabinets to the final installation of the cameras provided for operator awareness the electrical team ensures a trouble free and safe machine.
Our paint booth is a heated facility to pass the stringent requirements of our various customers. Inspection such as paint thickness on 2 pack paint is carried out and recorded to ensure our products withstand the various conditions they will be subjected to.