In the ground support field, Marand has designed, developed and manufactured various engine removal and installation trailers that have featured full non-powered, mechanical operation with the capability to raise, align and install large engines up to a rated 10 tonnes. In addition, Marand has recently developed a unique, world-leading manually-operated hydraulic mobility system capable of driving and holding 7 tonnes up a 5 degree incline with an input of only 200 watts. With this level of design and development experience, Marand is more than capable of delivering an outstanding result for any of your ground support equipment requirements.
These and other programs have assisted us to develop our in-house expertise in the design, manufacture and CMM / Laser Tracker verification, and installation of the following types of equipment:
Our capabilities in Aerospace defence include
- Aerostructure sub assemblies
- Ground support equipment
- Interchangeable Modules & special products
- Sub and final assembly jigs
- Component and final assembly check fixtures
- Lay-up mandrels for composite parts
- Routing and drill fixtures including Robotic Automation Solutions
- Resin transfer moulding (RTM) tooling and facilities
- Co-cure bond tooling for composite parts.
- Supply chain management
- Production Simulation
- Design capability
Marand has received source acceptance approval from BAE Systems and Lockheed Martin on the F35 JSF Programme and has also received the 2009 Lockheed-Martin Excellence award and 2010 Lockheed-Martin Quality Mission success award.